"Custom Pounders"

Daleboy@AOL.COM Daleboy@AOL.COM
Wed, 2 Jun 1999 22:41:46 EDT

Dear list,
I use a key pounder or striker and have done so since my early training. The
only new wrinkle is that I have combined the pounder with the function of the
note switch on the SAT II. When tuning wholesale numbers of pianos I found
that my body did not respond well to the use of the foot switch even with
repositioning.
	My pounder was carved from a block of maple to fit my hand in either
a standing or sitting position. It has a piece of leather on the tip which is
durable, non marring and easily cleaned. The addition/installation of the
switch into the pounder wasn't too difficult. The locating of the correct
parts from electronics suppliers was the hardest and most time consuming part.
	Gimme a yell if you want more details.   (Oh....by the way....I did
try the tuning handle switch thingy......didn't like it)
Regards,
Dale Whitehead, RPT
Franklin Piano Restorations