?extra concert maintance&string?

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Thu, 10 Jun 1999 17:25:09 -0500 (CDT)

>Also I had a guy once tell me that it was a good idea to re-pin the bridge from
>time to time. His point was that bridge pins also develop flat spots and knicks
>that influence tone and clarity. Anyone out there heard about this ?
>
>Richard Brekne

It's easy enough to check. Pull a few front bridge pins out of an old bridge
next time you get the chance and take a look. There will be a pear shaped
"scrub" track on them where the string rode. Decide for yourself if that's a
good enough string termination for you and replace them, or not, as you
chose. With all the mileage given to perfecting the agraffe hole and v-bar
shape, it seems to me that techs should be mildly concerned about the
condition of the bridge pins too.
 Ron