CD Journal

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Fri, 11 Jun 1999 10:00:00 -0400

> Although the cost of the media (the CD) is small, the job of collating
> the material and making a new index each time would be the major cost.

The newer Journals are in electronic format already.  COnverting to
HTML is a snap, distrubtion will be to registered owners of the CDROM
as a file to reside on the hard drive, searchable, indexed and
integrated with the CDROM.  Updates to CDROM are planned for every
five to ten years.  Also there are thoughts about converting earlier
Journals for a more complete library.

> May I suggest that if the Council votes to fund this project, that we have
> a pre-sale of the CD before production begins. This will prove how much
> real interest there is among the members. Of course the newbies will jump
> at such a deal, but of course this will be limited to those who have
> computers.

An Interest pole to membership may be a good idea to get an idea of
how many CDs to press.  A little late for a Journal pole but there
seems to be a fairly large contingant of interest just on this one
list.

For me, searching a CDROM for a point of interest will be MUCH easier
than leafing through Journals.

		Newton