Sauter vertical

Robert Goodale rrg@nevada.edu
Fri, 18 Jun 1999 07:00:11 -0500

I've never seen such a thing but I'm not so sure I want to.  Sounds scary.  If
it is a round hole I was thinking, perhaps you could plug the hole completely
with a dowel, (cleaning them out first and/or properly sizing them with a brad
point drill on a drill press).  Then you could set up a jig on a router table
and cut new "normal" mortises and bush them as you normally would.  Leather, as
you mention, is a great product for key bushings but you would still have the
same problem as you did before with round holes to start with.

Rob Goodale, RPT