grey market?

Jeannie Grassi jgrassi@silverlink.net
Tue, 4 May 1999 22:11:44 -0700

Hi Jay,
I have a client with a CA-40 Kawai, nice piano.  He bought it from a
local Kawai dealer.  I also have two clients with CS-40 uprights, also
very nice.  The dealer told me that he ordered these at NAMM.  They
were intended for the German market (all wooden parts) but nothing
prohibited him from ordering them.  So he decided to get a few.  They
are definitely NOT grey market pianos.

Not all grey market pianos have just two pedals, as someone mentioned.
The newer ones coming out of Japan all have three pedals, and yet they
still qualify for that category.

Jeannie Grassi, RPT
mailto:jgrassi@silverlink.net
Bainbridge Island, WA