Currier pianos

John M. Formsma jformsma@dixie-net.com
Thu, 6 May 1999 21:55:51 -0500

Roger, Clyde, and Wim:

Thanks much for your input on the Currier and like pianos. I assumed that it
is not really cost effective to make the piano sound good--i.e., bridge
work, restringing, etc. The console I tuned sounded the best, and I had to
replace about 12 badly worn damper lever felts. The customer was satisfied
with the work, so I guess I did all right with it. :-) As it was said, it
helps to buy the groceries!

I appreciate your help.

John Formsma

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of Clyde Hollinger
Sent: Thursday, May 06, 1999 3:59 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: Currier pianos

My opinion, John--
You can make an out-of-tune El Cheapo sound better by tuning it, but
sometimes it is not possible to make it sound good.  But it's still a
win-win situation if the client is happy with your work, and you are
happy to get paid!  :-)  With experience you learn which pianos can be
significantly improved with more work and which cannot.

Clyde Hollinger
Lititz, PA