The teacher's piano

Tom Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Sat, 08 May 1999 23:29:54 -0700

Tony Caught wrote:

> The real shame is that manufacturers don't make an upright piano that
> has an action that gives the same responses as a grand piano's action.

Actually, such a piano action exists. It was developed by Del Fandrich
and Chris Trevellas and, blindfolded, you could not tell that it wasn't
a grand.

Unfortunately, having a great idea and $2.50 might get you a latte in
some places. The manufacturers were not interested in being pianeers
with someone else's brainchild and so we may never see the upright take
such an evolutionary leap. Unless a _manufacturer_ develops the idea.

Tom
--
Thomas A. Cole, RPT
Santa Cruz, CA