Value of Chickering grand

Ward & Probst wardprobst@cst.net
Tue, 25 May 1999 22:20:44 -0500

>>* Well, if you leave them out, it won't hurt anything, but might look a
little strange. I guarantee the pins won't ever be riding the plate. If they
ever lean that far forward, the string tension will pull them right out of
the block. %-) Or, if you like the feel of bushings, find some dowel stock
the right size (trial and error. as sloppy as the manufacturing tolerances
are for dowels, something out there is just about right) and cut a set of
plugs that you drill after installation in the plate. I've gone it this way
and it makes for an obscenely expensive set of bushings, but it looks and
feels right when you're done. A tumble sander helps so you don't have to
break the splintery saw cut edge on all those plugs by hand.

 Ron >>

Yo Ron,
Is a tumble sander like a rock polisher?
Dale