Customer Repairs I've Seen and some awful repairs by tech??

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Sat, 29 May 1999 13:57:15 EDT

In a message dated 5/29/1999 1:38:40 PM, Ron wrote:

<<"The thing is that he said he is a Guild member, not an RPT which, as an
Associate, he is. That's entirely legal and ethical according to the FTC and
the PTG.">>

Ron;
 Since it is Memorial day I will cut you some slack:-) 50% right ain't half
bad fellow!!
 I don't know about the FTC but the bylaws on advertising require status
identification along with "any" use of the PTG name., i.e.

"Associate members shall have the right to use the Piano Technicians Guild
name, but said name must be accompanied by the words “Associate Member” in
letters no smaller than those used for “Piano Technicians Guild,” except as
otherwise specified in the Graphic Standards Manual.  **This applies not only
to advertising but also to any use of the Piano Technicians Guild name which
is accompanied by the name of an Associate member, or identifies him or her
as a member of the Piano Technicians Guild.**

  I agree with Tom S. that 'specific' instances of alleged ethics violations
should be taken to ptg-l.....but I feel that a general discussion of ethics
on pianotech never hurts :-)

Jim Bryant (FL)