Grand touch

Jon Page jpage@capecod.net
Thu, 04 Nov 1999 10:02:32 -0500

Reducing strikeweight has a direct relation to touchweight to the degree
of action leverage (Strike Ratio). On a 5:1 ratio, reducing SW by 1 gr
reduces Touchweight by 5gr. Weight has no bearing on aftertouch.
Aftertouch is a product of geometry and regulation.

My method for improved responsiveness and dynamic control is:
1. regulation/friction reduction
2. hammer mass reduction
3. leverage (capstan relocation)

If #1 is insufficient, consider #2 and #3.

David has a great method for releading the keys to compliment assist springs.
It is logical and I am astounded that it is not used by the industry.

I encourage you to pursue David's action methods for all your grand work.

Regards,

Jon Page

Jon Page,  Harwich Port,  Cape Cod,  Mass.  mailto:jpage@capecod.net