Grand touch

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 05:28:09 EST

> And strike weight is a a term I have not come
>across yet, and it seems clear I should be aware of it. I wish someone
>would
>clearly and completely define (expound upon) this term.

Greetings,
     Strikeweight (SW) is a Stanwood term for the weight you will see if you
weigh the hammer and hammershank while the hammershank flange is supported by
a frictionless point located directly under the centerpin.   It is very
important that the hammershank be perfectly horizontal and the flange is
pointing straight up.  The hammertail, not the felt, should be on the scale.
Regards,
Ed Foote