lost motion topic

Brian Lawson lawsonic@global.co.za
Fri, 05 Nov 1999 14:11:46 +0200

Hi, I had an upright piano today, which assuming the previous tuner did the
"repair" and the tuning, well his tuning needed the minimal done to it but
the repair job was far from satisfactory. Instead of removing a hammer and
seeing a broken butt spring, a quarter of a keylead had been stuck onto the
balance hammer, so it would return! Taking the Harveyism (that's the
original Sheamus) to "undo what the previous tech did wrong" I replaced the
missing butt sping, there was then other hammer spacing to do but as this
was done in under my normal tuning time I didn't charge.

I was also in a good mood. That sometimes affects my generousity.

Brian Lawson
IC PTG, MPT