Tuning Pins

Paul S. Larudee larudee@pacbell.net
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 07:34:18 -0800

George Todd wrote:

> Do you think I should use tuning pin tightener or drive in pins deeper
> when there are some loose pins?  These pins have never been driven in,
> and a solution has never been used before.  Which is better to do?

Pin driving and chemicals are the quickest and cheapest fixes, but
driving compromises the wire height and chemicals change the pin block.
It takes slightly longer, but another solution is to shim the hole with
emery cloth (rough side facing block) and use the original pin.

Paul S. Larudee, RPT
Richmond, CA