Tuning Pins

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 21:36:44 +0100

I am a fan of neither of these solutions, tho from one of course
realizes that reality rules the world (at least sometimes). That being
given, driving in the pins is basically a useless solution. You at best
gain perhaps 3 mm of new grip, and sometimes end up with a less then
desirable relationship bewteen the strings and the pressure bar. In
short it doesnt really work, and certainly doesnt last more then a short
time.

CA glue, very thin seems to be the best quick fix.

Personally, I dont do this kind of thing. I am fortunatly in a position
where I have the luxery of passing this kind of work on to other guys. I
need to work on my woodworking skills so if one customer doesnt want an
old beater fixed up really well, another one will. This also has the
side benifit of keeping me away from the kind of customer that likes to
complain about everything. And before anybody gets all hot and bothered
about some implications that last statement may or may not have... let
me make my self perfectly clear.... grin...  Only a small minority of
those folks who dont want to spend a lot of money are problem customers.
Its just that I find that group of folks the most risky. grin.

Richard Brekne
I.C.P.T.G.  N.P.T.F.
Bergen, Norway