Tuning Pins

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 20:59:51 -0600

>Whose advise am I to take????

Therein lies the mystery of asking advice from a pool of 300 + subscribers.

>Each of you have different opinions.

I beg to differ.  Mine is not an opinion.  It is based on experience and
demonstration.

>  How about if I tap the pins, then apply the CA glue?

You certainly can apply the CA glue if the tapping does not provide
sufficient holding strength on its own merits.

>I am getting confused with
>all the responses.  Is there some documentation I can go to, to see which
>method works the best?

Ultimately, the best documentation is to listen to the voice of reason
within yourself as to the validity of the information thus far provided,
then do what that voice says and find out for yourself.

Then you can become one of the persons to espouse your own response and
wonder why some insist some things don't work and why others say they do.

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731
Piano Technicians Guild