Dampp-Chaser Theory/possible application

Fri, 19 Nov 1999 06:22:49 -0600

Gentle listers,

The following excerpt reminded me of a recent request:

>The grand offers a different story, it's control of the soundboard is good
>in ideal circumstances (ie no drafts which remove the controlled air). The
>Grand Underside Cover which is currently being tested will solve that
>problem. But it doesn't solve the pinblock question in grands

I have a customer who is very knowledgable about D-Cs and their benefits.
Recently she asked if there were any covers available which hung down
lower to the floor than just barely below the rim.  (i.e from knee to ankle
length rather than mini-skirt)  It is a school environment with ceiling fans,
so air circulation is a big factor.

Does D-C need Beta testers?

Are there any cover makers who regularly make cloth ones?

Any idea how much extra one might have to shell out?

Anybody have experience with such things?

Conrad

Conrad Hoffsommer - Music Technician -mailto:hoffsoco@luther.edu
Luther College			-(319)-387-1204
Decorah, Iowa 52101-1045

"There's nothing remarkable about it. All one has to do is hit the right
keys at the right time and the instrument plays itself." - J. S. Bach