S&S Parts

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 08:34:45 -0600

 I think they
>qualify as the rudest people that I have ever had dealings with in the
>piano business.

I tried to get a price list from them a year or so ago. I was informed that
I must send them a business card, or letterhead, indicating that I was a
business or technician. I wrote back that I was listed in the PTG
directory, and if they would submit a business card or letterhead,
indicating that they were a legitimate business, the PTG would possibly
send them a copy for future reference.  Besides, nearly everyone on the
planet with a computer has the capabilities to fake and print up a passable
letterhead or business card saying anything they like. They didn't seem to
think much of the attitude with someone else looking down the long nose at
Them, and I didn't get the price list (surprise!).

About a week later, Michael Mohr returned my call on a Boston warranty
problem and I asked him if I was legitimate enough to get a price list. He
laughed like he had heard the story more than a few times before, and the
list came a couple of days later. Nice guy.

As always, it's "who you know". Like it or not.

BTW, Steinway still doesn't have my letterhead or business card, so I'll
get to do this all over again next time, unless they took my suggestion and
got a copy of the PTG directory. <G>

Ron N