baldwin console

Leslie W Bartlett lesbart@juno.com
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 14:39:35 -0600

I went to tune a Baldwin console today and to fix some "clicky" keys.
They clicked only on heavy blows.  I  could see nothing that caused the
click.  Finally, I removed a front-rail punching (about.025), and the
clicking stopped.  It messed up some other stuff, and I had to return
some thinner punchings to several keys.   My thinking was that somehow
the jack wasn't getting out far enough from the hammer butt.   Whatever
the cause, I'd like to know what more experienced people think.

Thanks
les bartlett
houston