baldwin console

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Sat, 20 Nov 1999 09:58:40 -0500

Is this noise happening upon key depression or during key  release?

Check for let-off.  If there is non you may be in the ball park about
the noise.

Check to see that the left-off rail retaining screws are tight and the
rail in proper location (tow of jack hitting button center).

Check for foreign materials in the action.

Check keyslip clearance.

If this piano has a finger guide rail make sure all the screws are
tight and that the ends of the finger wood is not hitting the top of
the rail.

Check the screws under and on top of the balance rail and tighten
appropriately bearing in mind that any change in these screw settings
will change the key height.

Just a few things I have encountered.

Lots of luck.

		Newton