An interesting dilemma?

Phil Bondi tito@PhilBondi.com
Sat, 20 Nov 1999 16:24:36 -0500

Ed said:

> How far off the rail are the hammershanks?

they are on it..that was the the original complaint(noise)..the shanks rest on
the rail in this action.

>It is not uncommon to have to
> pull the action out while allowing the hammers to be depressed under the
> block as they move.  It doesn't break the shanks, just pushes things down as
> it passes under.  It helps to hold your breath when you do this, though. (:)}}

hold my breath?..I've never seen an action thistight to the block..there are
scrape marks on the block from a previous tech.

ok..let's say I am able to do this while applying the 'hold my breath'
technique!..going back in will be another session of 'hold my breath'..?!?!?

I'm gonna lose more hair on this one..i can tell!

Phil