How does CA Cure?

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Sun, 21 Nov 1999 00:13:56 -0600

Howdy mate,
                    I've used it on top of previously applied pin block
dope on
the odd PSO, and it seemed to work well enough for the tuning, but I must
confess I've never been back to check.
The beauty of the thin CA, is that it seems to stick to any thing, including
glass. It's wicking capability is what makes it so versitile.
At the University I have marked a few border line pins that I treated 3 years
ago, instead of installing spot over size pins, unless I knew where the pins
were, it would be difficult to tell.
I now have no qualms about using this treatment. I've never been an
advocate of
pin block dope.
I've also repinned a complete piano that had a couple of pins treated and
noticed no adverse results.
Like all good things, use your head.
Roger

At 03:50 PM 21/11/99 +1100, you wrote:

> G'day Susan, Roger et al,
>
> I've used CA once or twice quite successfully...but what are your thoughts
> if the pinblock has already been treated with "the glycerin stuff"?
>
> Will it hold? Or is the contamination not good for the bond?
>
> Appreciate anyone's thoughts...
>
> Cheers
> Mark Bolsius
> Bolsius Piano Services