A "Must See" Steinway

JCCORDOGAN@AOL.COM JCCORDOGAN@AOL.COM
Fri, 26 Nov 1999 00:55:04 EST

In a message dated 11/25/1999 7:10:09 AM Central Standard Time,
Robert Goodale <rrg@nevada.edu> writes:

<< WOW!  This instrument is absolutely beautiful!!  The case looks
great.  Has it been refinished/rebuilt?  You didn't mention any
restoration details.  Very interesting! >>

I didn't mention any restoration details simply to shorten the post, but
since you asked, perhaps others might be interested as well.

It was described to me as "recently rebuilt and refinished" before I received
it. It is not yet in the shape it should be, and I will likely have much of
the restoration work redone depending on the buyer's preferences.
Fortunately,
nothing that was done so far is detrimental to a possibly forthcoming
"labor of love" type restoration effort and all the artwork hardly shows any
signs of age.

So as to not begin an endless thread on what is right and wrong in a
restoration, I will refrain from being more specific than that as far as
what has been done to it thus far, but I'll be happy to reply personally
to any inquiries. The URL, in case anyone missed it the first time is:

http://www.chicagopianos.com/steinway.htm

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

John Cordogan

Cordogan's Pianoland and  Cordogan's Piano Gallery
Illinois' Largest Piano Store
"More Art-case pianos than you can shake a gilded leveling stick at"
Chicagoland's Kawai, Sauter, Estonia and Kemble dealer
www.chicagopianos.com