What would you do?

Tony Caught caute@accessnt.com.au
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 19:00:59 +0930

Hi Jarred,

The Pearl River pianos have always had a bad reputation.  their =
importation into this country was cut by the importers some time ago. =
What you are saying is that they are now importing again.

Do your customer a favour (that is the new owner of the piano) and tell =
the dealer that it is untunable and to replace the piano or offer money =
back on a better piano.

I know Pearl River is going through some changes but bad pianos are bad =
pianos. Don't be a party to a ripoff.

Tony Caught  caute@accessnt.com.au

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Jarred Finnigan=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Monday, 29 November 1999 5:31
  Subject: What would you do?

  I was pitch raising a brand new "Gors & Khalman" upright out of the =
"Pearl River" factory in China (yuk, awful).  As you will know if you =
have ever had the "privilege" of tuning one of these instruments they =
typically have extremely tight tuning pins.  This one had very loose =
pins two of which would not even hold pitch.

  Of course I have been asked to write the mandatory report.  Apart from =
the obvious re-pin, what would you do?
  Any replies greatly appreciated.

  Jarred Finnigan
  APTTA    PTTG (VIC)