Stranger than fiction?

harvey harvey@greenwood.net
Mon, 04 Oct 1999 22:07:49 -0400

The circumstances under which someone wants some of our stuff is usually
unorthodox if not downright strange. My last request for piano wire was
from a guy who wanted a foot of very small gauge. Turns out he wanted to
drill the edge of a quarter, affix the piano wire, then proceed to chump
the phoneco for LD charges by repeatedly dropping and retrieving the
quarter from pay phones. I got out of that one by telling him that he
needed the cheese slicer gauge, and that all my stuff was too big!

At the other end of the spectrum, I found that K through grammar school
teachers love used, clean action parts. It's amazing the projects they can
come up with by using all or parts of various components.

At 08:11 PM 10/4/99 -0500, Nossaman wrote:
>About twenty years ago, someone asked me for some music wire for this
>purpose. I told him that the weed whacker used monofilament in the first
>place to make it less likely that people would be able to hurt themselves
>with the thing, and if he was going to bypass that safety feature, I didn't
>intend to be a party to the amputation. I don't know if he abandoned the
>idea or not, but at least I don't have any trophy toes on my wall.
>
> Ron N

Jim Harvey, RPT
Greenwood, SC
harvey@greenwood.net