etd's longevity

Michel Lachance michel_lachance@hotmail.com
Sat, 16 Oct 1999 18:27:16 EDT

Hi,

The whole question is that you have on a side a program that you use with a
laptop, and other side, the SAT that is self contained.

Letting aside the longevity itself of each of these devices, the fact that
the tuning software and the laptop are independant of each other makes
things very different.  If your laptop breaks, you can go to your local
dealer to have it repaired.  If your SAT breaks, you have to ship it at
Inventronic's.

You can get brand new laptops for less than $1000, and you can easily find
used laptop in your own hometown for less than $500.

Your SAT, once bought, will always stay the same.  Your program, on the
other hand, can upgraded for a better version later on and keeping the same
laptop.  Reversly, you can buy a better laptop and keep the same program.

Longevity is only one the issues when you have to choose between the two
systems (SAT and RCT).  I think that if you consider getting an ETD device,
you should also compare the inherent features of each visual tuning device.

Regards,

Michel Lachance, RPT