Two action questions

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Wed, 01 Sep 1999 09:26:16 +0200

JIMRPT@AOL.COM wrote:

> In a message dated 8/31/1999 5:05:31 PM, richardb@c2i.net writes:
>
> <<<<" Springy hammer flange rail, ">>>>
> > Jon Page,
>
> <<"Any fix to this ?? its like... really really springy.">>
> Richard Brekne.
>
> Richard;
>  Let's don't jump on the "springy rail" bandwagon too quickly.  If my memory
> serves me correctly there is a glide bolt(s?) on the C7 that is only
> acessible from the bottom of the frame and I think it is in the area you are
> having problems with. If this glide bolt is not adjusted as well as the rest
> of them it can give you exactly the symptoms you are describing......did you
> check underneath??
> Jim Bryant (FL)

Good point Jim, and since so many re-play me back to the bedding (which I am
convinced is really good) I will bow to this and recheck the bedding tommorow.
While I am at it I will do a few things to see if the hammer rail can be the
source. Thanks for the caution against jumping to conclusions,, I was tempted to
hop on that one.. must admit.. grin. But it may turn out to have something to do
with it after all.. I will let you all know what I find.

Richard Brekne.
I.C.P.T.G.  N.P.T.F.
Bergen, Norway