Two action questions

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Wed, 01 Sep 1999 09:31:53 +0200

harvey wrote:

> Richard, I admit that the "P" reference instead of a brand name eluded me.
> Regardless...
>
> On #1, are you sure you're not experiencing the "growing action bracket"
> phenomenon? This condition is -not- exclusive to older actions with pot
> metal brackets, and, until it is experienced/diagnosed, can cause quite a
> bit of head-scratching and frustration.

Grin... Now heres one I havent heard of before. You mind extrapolating a bit on
what this is all about ??

> On #2, not to insult your integrity, but have you checked the "phantom"
> gliders in the section? If not, you have a suspension bridge on your hands.
> I've also noticed that with newer, thinner keyframes, some flexing occurs
> during subsequent action in/out procedures. Although I can't explain -why-,
> I always check bedding at intervals while doing additional regulation work.
>
> Just stray thoughts...

No insult taken... Does no harm to double and triple check. Even the best of
the best can miss a trick. And I certainly have a long way to go to catch up
with those guys. Will double check tommorrow, tho I dont think this is the
problem. I'd like to hear some disscussion about the "springy rail" idea and
eventually what to do about it. Its a long stretch in this section between
action brackets..... Jim B is cautious here.. comments ??

Richard Brekne
I.C.P.T.G.  N.P.T.F.
Bergen, Norway