Liability advice

David ilvedson ilvey@jps.net
Sat, 4 Sep 1999 22:13:03 -0700

I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't even another technician
and if it goes that far demand his name.  A pitch raise is not
going to cause ribs to come loose.  They were already loose.
In future have a disclaimer ready before any work is done on a
piano.  I always tell the customer it is unlikely but, a pitch
raise can cause strings to break that are ready to break.  But I
have never said it could cause ribs to come loose!  Hell we
wouldn't do anything to pianos if they were that fragile.

David Ilvedson, RPT