SAT 1 Question?

DGPEAKE@AOL.COM DGPEAKE@AOL.COM
Mon, 6 Sep 1999 22:46:11 EDT

peep@mail.massed.net writes:

<< List:
    Recently I purchased a used SAT1. It was working great and I was starting
    enjoy all that could be done with it. Lately when it's first turned on all
 the lights
    remain  stationary(all of them) this is suppose to be in perfect
 calibration, but
    previously when turned on several lights were stationary. When you press
Tune
    same thing happens all the lights stay on. I've tried pressing cents up or
 down
    light get bright or dim but can't get them to rotate. When you tune a note
 all lights
    stay on,is it time for me to send it back for a check up or am I doing
 something
    wrong? Thanks in advance.
    Arthur

Sounds like you need a new battery and have the buttons replaced.  Contacts
under the buttons can go out, but most likely it is the battery because you
do not use the
tune button as much as the cents up/down buttons which get a lot of wear and
tear.
I am not a SAT technician, but give them a call.  They are very nice and will
be able to answer your questions.

Since I purchased my SAT 1 in 1986, I have had the buttons replaced twice and
a new battery replaced once.  By the way, after I get my SAT 3 (I am on the
waiting list), my SAT 1 will be for sale.  It has the FAC stretch tuning and
also the Internal Scoring Program for tuning tests.  I will post it on the
list when it is available.

Dave Peake, RPT
Portland Chapter
Oregon City, OR