Liability advice- Missing the Point

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Wed, 08 Sep 1999 13:36:13 +0200

Billbrpt@AOL.COM wrote:

> More *à propos* words have never been written.  Great responses, Richard.  At
> long last, I would have to say that the object of this discussion is a
> notoriously poorly made excuse for a piano.  It does not compare with
> Kimballs, Wurlitzers, Acrosonics, Cable-Nelsons, even those dear little Betsy
> Ross spinets with the nice, broken plastic elbows that we can all earn nice,
> good pay for replacing and making people happy with the piano they have,
> know, are used to, still want and generally cherish.  Not even Gordon
> Laughheads and Kohler & Campbells are as bad as this.  I'd even rather have a
> Cable, than one of these.

Kind words Bill, and I thank you for them. I am sure however that we would find
dissagreement on what a PSO is or isnt. I am also sure that our individual
criteria for our judgements would be founded in what each of us believe is in the
best interests for our customers, our own working situation, and the industry at
large. And I am very sure indeed that neither of us would refuse any piano that
at least attempts to produce a truly quality instrument.

The point is that we all make our judgements, and that we should not be afraid to
state them to customers, nor stand by them. After all, one doesnt have to be rude
in turning down a job, or in condemning a piano, one can rather be as informative
in the process as possible, polite and recommend gladly that they get second
opinions. Perhaps they may find someone willing to do a bit of work and that will
satisfy them. Everyone should be happy then.

> But this particular piano, which should have been simply discarded, does not
> deserve to be repaired.  I'd even go so far as to say that I have finally, on
> this List, come to the example of a piano that I would say truly deserved the
> acronym, "PSO".

> Bill Bremmer RPT

I am aghast..... shocked.... is it really you Bill ?????
<Big Grin.>

Freindly regards
Richard Brekne
I.C.P.T.G.  N.P.T.F.