ABS Kawai flanges

Mark Bolsius markbolsius@optusnet.com.au
Wed, 08 Sep 1999 21:32:01 +1000

G'day gang,

Just another couple of thoughts prompted by the replies to this thread so
far.

1. If you have a huuuge idealogical  problem with ABS flanges, rather than
rebushing these (has anyone really succeeded in rebushing ABS? Which glue? )
maybe the cheaper solution would be to replace the flanges with wooden ones?
The size is not that uncommon, only thing is I can't remember if these have
butt plates or not.....

This is still very expensive for this sort of piano.

2. Terry, Dampp-Chaser make a special short tank full 5 part system
particularly for the CX-5H
BTW I call these the "Adam" piano as it's missing a rib or two , it only has
seven ribs! <g>

3. Don is 100% correct, I was in his action centres class in KC and
repinning is really the best solution. Shrink sizing them is possibly the
best "quick fix" but test a few first.....there's nothing more frustrating
than finding that this has gone too far....and having to repin anyway!

My two cents worth....goodnight from Oz (yes it really is magical here at
the moment....I love Spring! <g>)
Mark Bolsius
Bolsius Piano Services
Canberra Australia