Computer help! (Not piano related...)

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Sun, 12 Sep 1999 21:23:10 EDT

In a message dated 9/12/1999 8:55:49 PM, wilson53@MARSHALL.EDU writes:

<< I don't think Norton Utilities (or
similar programs) would help because they typically require an ability
to get into Windows so you can install and run them. >>

Brian, Mark;
 The version of NU that I have has a CD startup disc and when repairing/
resegmenting/optimizing is desired........ the computer boots up from the NU
CD and reads/corrects/repairs/optimizes whichever hard disc desired. This
without needing to open Windows, or in my case the Mac Op Sys, to do its work.
 As Keith just said "Norton Utilities can do fantastic things.  Always worth
a try."

 And Brian, by all means get a separate back up that does not depend on your
hard disc............I have a 100MB Zip Drive that I would not be without and
there is a 100MB compatible 250MB version available now. There are numerous
other separate backup systems available and I am sure that some are also
excellent  but the ZIP Drive does everything I want of it and I even run some
programs off of it :-)
Jim Bryant (FL)