RCT

Paul S. Larudee larudee@pacbell.net
Sat, 18 Sep 1999 09:46:44 -0700

Brian Henselman wrote:

> Ummm,
>
> What ever happened to just tuning with a fork and our ears?  If a shoptuning
> is all that is necessary, then shouldn't the TuneLab be more than adequate?
> If you want a precision concert tuning, then what's wrong with aural tuning?
>
> Please don't think that this is a "flame" against machine tuning.  It's not.
> I'm just pointing out that by the time that a quality difference between
> TuneLab and RCT is necessary, (and if you have the skills), then why not
> just do it the only fashioned way, aurally?  If the environment is too
> hostile for an aural tuning (ie the shop around power tools), then I'd think
> that TuneLab should do the job just fine.
>
> Just call me old-fashioned.
>
> Cheers,
> Brian Henselman

Brian,

I prefer to provide the best possible tuning, whatever the
circumstance.  I tuned exclusively by ear until only three months ago.
Now I use an ETD and want it to be at least as good as my aural
tunings.  I chose RCT because I want the best and I want it to be able
to design my tunings in as many ways as possible to fit the instrument,
the client and my ear.  I also want to be able to achieve more accurate
pitch raises than I ever could before.

Paul S. Larudee, RPT
Richmond, CA