Balance rail pins, key buttons

Clark caccola@net1plus.com
Sat, 18 Sep 1999 15:45:57 -0100

Just to follow up, I conferred with a couple friends who work at Hubbard
Harpsichord on this subject. They described a tool similar in function
to the corner chisel Newton thought of, but rather more of a punch. It
follows drilling with a bit the next size up from the center pin.

Since they don't bush their keys, this tool must be very accurate or
else they wouldn't use it. Apparently it makes for very quick work
(10-20 minutes for the whole keyboard).

I'll describe it better when I see it in person.

Clark