2000 Pianotech Get Together

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 09:19:37 +0200

Ron Nossaman wrote:

> This is more like it. You can't talk to those you haven't met when you're
> sitting next to folks you likely already know. How about a sign at each of
> the evening receptions denoting a general area (a corral shouldn't be
> necessary, but might be an option) where Listoids can lurk in ambush, and
> other Listoids can find them. Everyone would know where and when the event
> is every night of the convention, and an occasional pass through the Listoid
> corral during the evening should let everyone not only kibitz with their
> remaining friends, but increase their chances of meeting the list folk too.
> If you miss a few on Thursday, there's always tomorrow night. A Day-Glow
> safety orange dot on the name tags for easy long distance identification
> would help some too so we could accost during the day, those who don't
> attend the receptions. This is a cheap (although the cost isn't the concern
> here, rather the access to the people), logistically, and administratively
> benevolent approach. I like it.
>
>  Ron N

This is good... informal, accessable, and handy. It assumes enough of us want to
hang out in the area of the convention. Haveing never been to the American, I
dont know... perhaps this is usual ?? We tend to buzz around town after a day of
classes over here. Perhaps some kind of a combination of the two main ideas put
forward so far..  An open hall... some chairs and tables scattered around but
lots of room for milling around... A bar with plenty drinks and  lite sandwiches
or something of the sort. The area could be open for meeting each other from
lunch time onwards to closeing time.

Richard Brekne
I.C.P.T.G.  N.P.T.F.
Bergen, Norway