Best guess?

harvey harvey@greenwood.net
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 13:26:40 -0400

The list didn't fail me in my time of need!

Thanks for the great ideas to date. I -am- reading all ideas/suggestions,
and will respond later with a report. At the moment, I'm still involved
with the job, finding more and more problems (of course), and the clock is
running.

For instance, I found front rail pins turned to almost to 90-degrees. I
also found pulley keys. This was no surprise, and is why I have the action
in the first place. The 'got-chas' are the kicker. After correcting these
items, I find that someone had installed new key covers... on pulley keys.
Guess what happened to the alignment on the overhang? I can feather in the
long ones, but can't add length to the short ones! <g>

For budget reasons, key/keyframe work was considered an "installment", with
stack work/other to come later. They understand that there will be some
overlap in procedures, and because of that,  will cost more than doing
everything at the same time. At this point, I'm figuring out work-arounds
for this particular installment, and making shop notes accordingly for the
next time around.

I'll report back on whatever tips I end up using... if I can ever get -to-
the reason I made the initial post.

Thanks again, including for my "P.S." stuff that weren't really official
questions!

To Nossaman: "The truth shall set your fee"? I apparently got it wrong...
again! I.E.,   didn't charge enough.

Jim Harvey, RPT
- who thought he'd seen it all... just not all on the same piano!