Yamaha LU-90 ...and other indonesian attrocities

Mark Bolsius markbolsius@optusnet.com.au
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 21:00:28 +1000

>From Elian Degan
> I would like to know if any have come across Yamaha Model LU 90,  We =
> have been getting this model since four years more or less,  This piano =
> is made by Yamaha out of Japan, it is a low priced model.=20

G'day Elian,

We get the LU-90 in Australia too, but ours is "assembled" in Indonesia
using Japanese compoinents. The pinblock is different to the Japanese ones
(I actually like it a little better), the tone (not the right word!)
....well...OK next point, the s/board and cabinet is also Indonesian.

Personally, I'm not thrilled by any of these low-enders, but it does a job,
and I'm dying to see another one soon so that I can try Roger's steam
voicing on it...perfect candidate.

BTW, we also get Samicks that are Indonesian assembled/constructed....I
wonder what effect the East Timer crisis will have on the market for these?
Will public backlash slow things down?

Cheers
Mark Bolsius
Canberra Australia