Soundboards

Brian Trout btrout@desupernet.net
Fri, 21 Apr 2000 23:07:58 -0400

Del,

Have you messed around with different types of wood for the rib stock in the
treble end?

I've heard some guys will use Sitka for the upper 3 or 4 and then the rest
in Pine.  I've heard of all Sitka with the tightest grain in the treble.
I've seen all Pine. I've heard speculation on using something like Red Fir
in the treble (supposed to be very hard).  I've also wondered what would
happen if you tried a hardwood such as poplar, or even maple.

I know you've tried a lot of stuff.  Ever mess with this?

Just curious?

Brian
btrout@desupernet.net