Jahn lever

John M. Formsma jformsma@dixie-net.com
Mon, 24 Apr 2000 23:06:13 -0500

Elian,

I remembered that you had an old Jahn from your father, and that it
performed very well even though it was many years old. I took that into
consideration before buying the Jahn from Pianotek. I figured that it would
still be of similar quality. So far I have not been disappointed.

The lever I have is different from the picture you attached. The design is
similar in that the head and shaft are made out of one piece of metal. This
gives it more stiffness than other levers. The new ones also appear to have
a thicker shaft than yours. The shaft is hexagonal, or six-sided, like the
Schaff levers.

Will you be able to attend the 2000 conventions? If so, you will likely see
the lever at the Pianotek table. If you are able to come, then perhaps you
can bring your Jahn to compare it with the new ones.

John Formsma
Blue Mountain, MS

let me repeat myself because I am very proud of it
When my Father retired he gave me his tuning lever which was given to him by
his father.
its design allows it to be used with all tuning pin sizes. I never had
problem with them. They must be around 90 years old In the picture enclosed
you can see it has a star shaped conic tip (it came with two tips a short
one and a slightly large one) it is hardly worn and the grip on the tuning
pin is perfect.

The lever has embeded in it the name JAHN. I tried several tools but this
one is my preffered.

I only hope that the actual JAHN keeps as good as this one

Elian Degen