An EBVT Quest 2

Ola Andersson pianoola9@hotmail.com
Thu, 08 Jun 2000 18:27:19 GMT

Thanks for the answer

You also answered my next question if the thirds with 6bps were changing
with the inharmonity and not by the flavour of the temprement.

I like when an aural temprement change number each time I move the hammer to
next pin. Tests or checks doesn't need number is my idea.

>  I tune this way
>
>  1. A4
>  2. A3
>  3. F3 6bps to A3
>  4. C4 pure to F3
>  5. E4 6bps to C3
>  And then I check E4 with A3 to see if I have less then 1bps
>  If not I retune and try usally a slower speed on the thirds.
>  If it's Ok I continue

6. G3   6bps to  E4
7. B3   6bps to  G3
8. D4    D4 - G3 same beat as D4 -A4

This is the white keys

My second question is:

I think B3 is "hanging in the air" do you have a test for it espesially to
E4
I usally gets unhappy with the E major chord when I finish the temprement.

>Please let us know how your pianos sound when tuned this way.
>
>Bill Bremmer RPT
>Madison, Wisconsin

I really like the sound of my piano this way. Perhaps it's because I'm a
bass player I find this tuning to be more in tune than ET. Sounds funny but
I found it true. I will measure it when I have finnished to ask my questions
to see if I am close enough.  Anyhow I found tuning HT is a good training
for tuning ET. It trains me in hearing thirds and fiths with diffrent speed.
Helps me correcting ET.

Tack så mycket

Ola Andersson
a swede in