flood damage

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 19:51:49 EST

In a message dated 2/29/00 6:26:56 PM !!!First Boot!!!, wilson53@MARSHALL.EDU
writes:

<< List-
 We were called to look at a piano in a small town church which was in a
 recent flash flood.  The water came to just below the keybed of this new
 Kawai upright (a memorial gift).   Because the church is in a flood
 plain, they could not get flood insurance.  We realize that water damage
 may not show up immediately and have informed them of this. Dehumidfiers
 and a heater bar are currently being used.   We would be interested in
 any suggestions for this water logged customer.

 Kay and Wally Wilson
 Ravenswood, WV >>

Unfortunately, this piano needs a decent burial. The water will not only rust
the stings, but the soundboard, back posts, and sides are also waterlogged.
(The sides of the piano are particle board, as is the kick panel.) No amount
of dehumidifying will save this piano.

Willem Blees