surcharge

John M. Formsma jformsma@dixie-net.com
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 09:39:11 -0600

Willem,

<<With the increased cost of gasoline, and higher prices to follow, I am
contemplating doing one of two things: raise my tuning fee $5 or $10, or add
that much as gasoline surcharge to every appointment.

The increase in fee would appear like a permanent solution, but might be
looked on as charging too much to soon. (I increased my price by $5 in
September.) The surcharge, I think, might be understood by my customers.
(They all know we are paying much more for gas.) And if prices come down, as
they are predicting they will in the fall, I can remove it.>>

We will have to do this because someone must pay the cost. It is always the
consumer. Simple economics dictate that the prices of all transported goods
will rise when fuel costs rise. We are dependent on our transportation to
get ourselves to the customer to sell our "goods." Therefore, the extra
transportation expense must be borne by the consumer. I have been
considering going up $5. It's about time anyway.

John Formsma
Blue Mountain, MS