Humidistat Performance

John M. Formsma jformsma@dixie-net.com
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 09:44:07 -0600

Terry,

Don't they mention this in the literature? I think I read that this is by
design. Something about creating an enviroment that is not suddenly changing
all the time.

John Formsma
Blue Mountain, MS

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of Farrell
Sent: Wednesday, March 08, 2000 9:17 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Humidistat Performance

Hello List:

I have been monitoring performance of DC humidistats in my shop. I am
finding that the relative humidity (RH) on-off points for the humidisats
(dehumidifier outlet) are in the 55% to 65% range, rather than somewhere
centered around 42%. I have done my field testing using several different
humidistats. Has anyone else monitored the performance of humidistats? I am
having trouble understanding why my observations would vary so much from
what I understand to be advertised.

Terry Farrell
Piano Tuning & Service
Tampa, Florida