Cross-eyed SAT user

J Patrick Draine draine@mediaone.net
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 08:39:53 -0500

Hi Todd,
I've got bad enough vision without crossing my eyes, so I don't think
I'll be using your new method. Have you tried putting the SAT on its
side? Sometimes the mike works better that way, and a clear pattern
emerges. Also, don't forget to listen to the note you're trying to
tune/measure. All too often all three strings have false beats, very
shrill tone due to poor hammer condition, etc. It's no wonder that
the machine is confused by what it hears.

Now if Al could only program the SAT to fix the false beats, voice
the hammers, etc. we could take a nap while we're tuning <grin>!

Patrick Draine