Temperature Change affecting pitch

Larry J Messerly prescottpiano@juno.com
Sun, 26 Mar 2000 16:15:31 -0800

Just for my own information, when I came into my store this morning I
took pitch readings on two grands at 61degrees F. then turned on the
heating system and raised the temperature to 68 degrees.

The 6' Kranich and Bach dropped pitch 3.2 cents initially and then when
(I presume) the plate temperature rose ended up 1.6 cents flat of where
it had begun the morning.

The 5'3" George Steck initially dropped 0.4 cents then continued to fall
to 1.2 cents from where it had been.

They have not changed any more over the last hour.

No real problem or question here, just thought it was interesting.

Larry Messerly, RPT
Phoenix/Prescott