twilight zone

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Wed, 08 Aug 2001 21:04:20 -0500

Weirdness.

All day today, I've been getting multiple repeat messages, replies to
messages that still haven't showed up in my In box, and the usual alien
stuff that doesn't seem to relate to anything at all. Meanwhile, my cable
modem access light has been flashing continually all week, and access speed
has slowed dramatically. My firewall has been in security breach heaven all
week too, reporting near infinite but hopefully ineffectual port probes of
my IP. Code Red II is apparently responsible for most of the bandwidth
clog, but I'm taking a poll to see if the pianotech haunting is at the
source server or at my end.

Where's a good Internet worm backtracer and eradicator (with extreme
prejudice) when you need one?

Then there's:

>Sorry to hear about you're heat wave! Though it was pretty warm here
>yesterday as well--I think it got up to 72º. We all thought about sweltering
>but it really has to get above 75º for that to be convincing!
>
>-- Del

Oh hush up, you! It's been over 100° here every day since we got back.

Humbug! (drip, drip, swelter, bake)

Mutter mutter.

Ron N