tall tuner tips

Ron Koval drwoodwind@hotmail.com
Thu, 09 Aug 2001 16:37:09

Hi

At 6'4" and a little, I guess I could be called a tall tuner.  I've found
that tuning uprights with the lever in the 9 to 10 o'clock position, with my
fingers on the top of the piano works to decrease arm wear and tear.  I
always try to find a way to tune with support closer to the tuning lever.
If you tune a bunch each day, this technique might place too much strain on
your hand/wrist, so proceed carefully.

For reaching the keys, for 10 minute sections or less, I'll use "horse
stance" from tai chi, or karate.  Spread your legs, bend your knees as
needed.  This keeps your back straight and gives your legs a workout too!

good luck!

Ron Koval
Chicagoland