Sat, 11 Aug 2001 18:46:36 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stephen Airy" <stephen_airy@yahoo.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: August 11, 2001 5:58 PM
Subject: Re:

> OK here it is:
>
> It's my 1913 Ricca & Son upright.
>
> The break is at B27/C28 with the lowest trichord plain
> note being C28.

So, what was the point of your question? Am I missing something?

> Most bass/tenor breaks I've seen on 6' grands are
> around A#26/B27 -- I see E20/F21 on 7' and larger
> usually.

Why not spend some time analyzing those scales to learn why the breaks are
made where they are? By the way, for scales of similar length it doesn't
matter if the piano is a grand or a vertical. The principles of good scaling
remain the same.

My mom's PG-150 YC has it at A#26/B27 with
> wrapped bichords running up to F#34.

Yes, that sounds about right. Though most designers are reluctant to run
bi-chord wrapped strings into what is traditionally the "temperment" octave.
Nor is it really necessary to do so.

Del