just like a ringing them bells

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Fri, 17 Aug 2001 08:02:49 -0400

James,

I never saw the feature you mention, and I get fascinated with stuff
like that.  Sounds unique.

Have you ever attempted before to get such a poorly maintained piano in
working condition?  It sounds like this one is dead and should have been
buried long ago.  In any case, you can probably count on breaking
additional strings and things in the process of tuning and repair.  Are
you really sure you want to try to save this one?  I wouldn't, and
sometime between when you start and finish there's a good chance you'll
wish you wouldn't have, either.

On the other hand, if you live in an area where pianos are hard to come
by, then maybe.  When I spent a week in Guatemala City I was told they
don't throw any pianos away, regardless of condition, because they are
so expensive to replace.

Those are my thoughts.
Regards, Clyde