Humidistat placement in spinets

Roger Wheelock roger@dampp-chaser.com
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 10:23:21 -0400

Hello Mr. Hollinger:

I have read the PTG threads related to Humidistat placement in upright =
pianos.  One of these occurred during our travels to Reno for the annual =
conference, and the latest one occurred during my business travel to =
Chicago last week.  Unfortunately, I could not respond to either thread =
in a timely manner.

Our historical research indicates that placing the Humidistat on the =
side wall or hanging it from the Dehumidifier work equally well.  We =
currently recommend hanging it from the Dehumidifier to simplify the =
installation.

This research was completed about five years ago, and I am currently in =
the process of repeating it.  I am working with a spinet piano using a =
Dickson datalogger to record ongoing relative humidity levels within the =
piano as the Humidistat placement is varied.  After completing the work =
on the spinet I will be working with larger upright pianos.  This =
research will likely take until the end of the year.  I will report any =
thing of interest as I collect the results.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Sincerely,
=20
Roger Wheelock